Aerial photography community SkyPixel, just launched its first national aerial photography contest. In partnership with DJI and Tourism Australia, SkyPixel is looking for aerial photos taken from any aerial platform of Australia. The competition is open to both professionals and hobbyists.
Rules and important information:
- Grand: DJI Inspire 2 Premium Combo, three-days at Lord Howe Island for two, and three-days at Kangaroo Island for two.
- Second: DJI Phantom 4 Pro
- Third: DJI Mavic Pro
- Popular (10 awards): DJI Osmo Mobile gimbals
- Winners will be showcased on the SkyPixel website
- Contest runs from March 2 through May 2
- Winners will be announced on May 19
- Photos must be taken in Australia (Do not try to pass a California beach off as Australian one. They’ll figure it out. Plus, Australia is more than just beaches — get a little creative.)
- Photos can be of any subject and can be taken from any aerial platform
- You can submit as many photos as your heart desires
- Leave off the watermarks, or you’ll be disqualified from winning a prize (I know you think your watermark is necessary and cool, but leave it off for your own sake.)
- Tell the truth and nothing but the truth (The website says: “Entrants must guarantee that all information provided is correct.”)
If you have amazing aerial photos of Australia, you can submit your entries here
. Or perhaps you still need to perfect your drone photography skills
? That’s OK. This can help
. Sorry, we can’t help get you to Australia if travel is an issue. Good luck!